New Perodua Model

In March, I had read in a news report about Perusahaan Otomobil Nasional Kedua, or Perodua, launching a new model of the Perodua Kancil car in May this year.

I had also read earlier entries about the the soon-to-be-launched Myvi model in some other blogs. Namely, Gob.log and Wantan Productions and was wondering what the hell Myvi stands for. I got the answer today.

I read Paul Tan’s Journal entry about the Perodua Myvi yesterday. According to him, "My means Malaysia and the VI represents the sixth car that Perodua has come up with". However, according to the Edge Daily, “Myvi” signifies My Vehicle and My Vision, which also symbolises the Malaysian Vision.

It also reports the prices of the “Myvi” to be between RM41,500 and RM51,500 for the one litre and 1.3 litres variants respectively.

FYI, Perodua is Malaysia's second national car maker and was established in 1993.

According to their website, the joint venture partners/shareholders of Perodua and their respective shareholding are:
1. UMW Corporation Sdn Bhd (38%),
2. Daihatsu Motor Co. Ltd. (20%),
3. MBM Resources Berhad (20%),
4. PNB Equity Resources Corporation Sdn Bhd (10%),
5. Mitsui & Co. Ltd (7%) and
6. Daihatsu (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd (5%).

However, I read elsewhere that MBM Resources Bhd., which is the largest dealer of Perodua, is also the 2nd largest single shareholder in Perodua with a 23.6% stake.

Comments

Popular Posts