Auto enthusiast

Some people confuse an auto enthusiast with an auto expert. Of course there are auto enthusiasts who are auto experts too. I am not one of those. Don't expect me to know everything there is to know about car or even their specifications. Actually I don't even drive a fancy car too. After I started this blog, I have received numerous e-mails from people all around the world. I sincerely try to help out whenever I can.

Recently I was contacted by one of my readers. Here's what she wrote:
I have a 1974 Buick apollo, original owner, runs great miles 100,000 turned over plus 3,000. upholstery redone as original. added under dash a/c. all still original.. white with red stripe. I have listed for sale at 3,000.
i can not find any real info on its value anywhere on internet. I cannot find one for sale to compare. my friends keep telling me it is worth a lot more. Could you possibly answer an opinion on pricing?
Of course this is not anything you would be or could be responsible for
as your opinion...just a lady out in the middle of the desert , asking a
possible help question. thank you


Well I don't know much about the Buick models and did some research. here's my reply:
First of all, I would like to clarify that I am not an expert. Valuation of classic cars are quite tricky. I guess it depends on the rarity and also condition of the car.
Doing some research, I found out that you are in luck as the Buick Apollo is quite rare. Here is a link to a price guide of the Buick Apollo. http://www.buickapollo.net/apollopriceguides.html
Not sure about your car, but I saw an ad for a 1974 Buick Apollo 2-door coupe on sale for $7,500.
Hope this info helps.


Here's another mail I received:
Hi Adam,
Hi Adam,
I just came across your blog while looking our for Malaysian passenger car sales data for the month of February and march of 2007. It would be real helpful if you could provide me with the suitable links where I could get this kind of information.
regards


And here's my reply:
Nice to hear from you. I think the best source would be the Malaysian Automotive Association. However, you may have to become a member in order to obtain the latest info. Unless you have a friend who's already a member.
Hope this info. helps.


Anyway, I love cars and try to keep abreast with the latest developments in the auto industry. Will definitely share what I hear and experience with you guys.

Feel free to e-mail me pictures of your ride along with the specs. I will post them up here.

Comments

Popular Posts