Loss of power and engine noise solution - changing the spark plug cables

I did something for the first time during the ongoing Malaysia movement control order - changing the spark plug cables. 

Let me tell you how it happened.

One day my old Proton car engine suddenly sounded different - it was loud and lost power as well.

Doing a bit of research on Google, I found out that the potential problem was probably the spark plug cables. I ordered one from an online store which sold the original cables but it took so long and they didn't even reply to my emails. So I then went to Lazada and bought these Mastech cables. 

Mastech Spark Plug Cables



The online reviews were quite good and the silicone cables are apparently imported from the US. 

They cost me only RM51.50 including shipping. 

Recently, I finally had the time to change the spark plug cables. It was quite easy as I had watched a few videos on YouTube. All the cables are of different lengths and I just changed them one by one based on similar lengths.

Replacing the spark plug

New cables in

The original old spark plug cables

The car engine problems immediately solved and the car ran smoothly. It is amazing how one component can have an impact on car performance. 


Comments

Popular Posts