Leko - the Ikea car


Is Ikea planning to branch into automobile manufacture?

A microsite for the mysterious Leko suddenly appeared linked from the Ikea France site. It features a rotating car covered with cloth and a designer called Christophe Grazs talking about it in French. I have no idea what he's talking about but I can probably get my brother-in-law to tell what he is going on about.

It has generated a fair amount of interest but seems a lot of people are not taking it seriously.

I hope they are not going to ask their customers to assemble it using an Allen key.

Comments

I don't understand why Ikea would want to get involved with the auto industry now. Is the consumer gonna have to assemble the car themselves?
Dilip Mutum said…
If you had followed the link you would have realised that Ikea's Leko is their new carpooling service in France. great marketing though.

Popular Posts