Cracked windscreen repair

When you are travelling at around 110KMs/hour (the speed limit on most highways in Malaysia), aven a tiny stone hitting your windscreen can do a lot of damage. Read here how I got a hairline crack on the windscreen of my wife's Wira.

On checking with my old mechanic Paul, I found out the the cost of a new windscreen for a Wira was around RM350 (laminated glass). This excludes the service charges which is around RM250.

Checking on the web led me to the website of a workshop. I called them and found that it would cost me around RM170 to repair the windscreen. So last friday, I drove down to their workshop to have a look.

Found out that the hairline crack was 10 inches long and that it would cost me RM200/ to get it fixed.

Danny (owner fo the shop) told me that it would be ready in about an hour and so we left the car there. When I came back I was quite happy with the results. Truth be told, the crack did not disappear competely as I had imagined but as you can see from the pics below you can hardly see it unless you are looking for it.

Danny told me that it was due to the fact that water and dirt had already gone into the crack. For best results, it is advisable to get the crack fixed asap.
BEFORE



Closeup

AFTER



Closeup


The address of Mechanix Windscreen Services:
No. 23, Ground Floor, Jalan 17/45
46400 Petaling Jaya, Selangor

Tel: 03-7955 5636
Fax: 03-7954 5636
Mobile: 012-236 7636 or 016-227 7636
Email: danny@windscreenrepair.com.my

Tags:

Comments

Anonymous said…
aiyah..those sg besi cherry tree workshops charge me rm400 for a wira windscreen (double layer "kap keng") + labour. prices quite reasonable..

Popular Posts