Car repair workshop in Coventry

My car was overdue for it interim servicing (it's done 82764 miles). As I am new here in Coventry, I asked around. My dear friend Wahab recommended Taxi & car repairs on Stony Stanton road. It's next to the "Cheap New Tyres" shop. You won't miss it.

Yesterday I heard a knocking sound coming from the back whenever I drove over a speed bump. On checking, found out that my exhaust pipe had come loose.

Went over to the workshop and they did a temporary fix and asked me to come in the morning for servicing the car.

So early this morning I left my car at the workshop. According to my Service guide, it was also time to change the camshaft drive belt (also known as the timing belt). I was shocked when I found out that it would cost me £125 (inclusive of £60 service charge).

I was really happy when Mr. Isfaq, the boss at the workshop told me that the timing belt had been changed early last year according to a sticker on the engine and after opening the engine, he had confirmed that it was still new. I saved quite a bit.

Isfaq showed me the old oil filter. It was filthy and looked like it had never been changed since the previous owner bought the car.

I paid £100 (considered very reasonable) for everything including the parts and service charges. This also includes 2 new wipers and for fixing the exhaust.

Actually felt a big difference in the car's performance when I drove back.

Thanks a lot guys.

I whole heartedly recommend:

Taxi & Car Repairs
563 Stoney Stanton Road, Foleshill, Coventry CV6 5ED
Tel: 024 7668 7000

Tags:

Comments

Dilip Mutum said…
Thanks for the info Darvin
Anonymous said…
Great post, thanks for sharing!

Popular Posts