Passed the MOT test

Every vehicle in the UK has to go through the dreaded mandatory MOT test. The name derives from the now defunct Ministry of Transport, but is still officially used.

The test is carried out annually to most vehicles over a certain age to ensure that they are safe and roadworthy.

It's that time of the year for our car. So I went over to a nearby garage recommended by some of our friends - TPS Autos Ltd in Foleshill.

I was praying that everything would be OK and I wouldn't have to change anything. Unfortunately that was not to be and I found out that:
1. Nearside front brake pipe excessively corroded [3.6.b.2c]
2. Front headlamp aim too low [1.6]



I was a bit sceptical about the second fault and had a feelign the guy was ripping me off but I kept my mouth shut.

It cost me £45 for the test itself and £80 for the replacements and repair.
Total damage: £125/

Is that costly?

Cars are cheap in the UK but the cost of maintenance, insurance and other extras are really high.

Reminds me of a story I heard from a friend. The story goes that one guy found out that he would have to fork out more than the price he had paid, to fix the car. He just drove it straight to the scrap yard and sold it for a few pounds.

In case you are interested, the owner's name is Pritpal Singh and here's the full add of the garage:

TPS Autos Ltd
14 Boston Place
OFF Durbar Avenue
Foleshill
Coventry CV6 5NN

My only complaint was that they did not have a customer waiting area.

Find your nearest UK MOT test centre here.

Tags:

Comments

Popular Posts