Mercedes-Benz E220 Estate Diesel review

I recently had the opportunity to try out the Mercedes-Benz E-Class Estate E220 and took it for a long trip to Ayr, Scotland - a distance of around 315 miles. Another family (husband and wife with their son) also accompanied us.

The car comfortably seats 5 adults and with the extra rear-facing seats (an extra option), an extra 2 kids or small adults can fit in the car. Without the rear seats up, the boot is enormous and you can fit in several suitcases.


The car has a diesel engine and was fully automatic. The ride was really quiet and smooth - definitely made me question my preconceived notions about diesel engines. The suspension was also terrific and we hardly felt the bumps on certain parts of the road.

Initially, I only had some trouble getting used to the foot-operated parking brake but it came naturally after a while.


The engine was quite efficient and taking over slow trucks and cars on the road was not a problem. It has been quite a while since I last drove an automatic car and I have to say, I got spoiled - I want an automatic car as well. Despite the long-distance, I was not as tired as I had been the last time I drove to Edinburgh in my old Volvo S40.

It has to be one of the best estate cars I have ever driven to date.


Thanks to Eju and Muz.

Comments

Popular Posts