Bad experience with a detailing shop

 I have a confession - I have never taken my car to a detailing shop. Normally I will take my car to the local car wash and have it hand washed for a couple of ringgit. Normally around RM10 and a bit more extra if it is quite dirty or you want it waxed.

Anyway, I love watching all the YouTube videos where they take a dirty car and clean it until it is literally unrecognisable. 

So last week I took my wife's car to the detailing shop near my house - found out that the 2nd cheapest option - deep clean with a thin protective coating would cost me RM 200. I decided to go with this option and if I was satisfied with this, I would go for the more expensive option.

They took several hours and it was nearly dark when I went to pick up the car. It looked clean and shiny then and I was quite happy. However, next morning I was really disappointed. There were dirty spots everywhere. The rims were not cleaned properly and they had not even bothered to wipe down the dashboard. 


Dirty rims

It was definitely not worth the money and I will not be going back to the place again ever. My local car wash with wax does a much better job and with the cost, I could have washed my car like 10 times. 

A really bad experience. Let me know if you had a better experience with a detailing shop. How much did it cost?


Comments

Popular Posts